You are using IE6.
Older browsers present a security risk to yourself and us, and restrict site functionality.
We recommend that you upgrade your browser. The following is a list of popular options:
Biao Zhu's Publications
- Ma YC, Zhu B, Sun ZZ, Yang Y, Piao SL. 2014. The effects of simulated nitrogen deposition on extracellular enzyme activities of litter and soil among different-aged stands of larch. Journal of Plant Ecology (In press)
- Torn MS, Kleber M, Zavaleta ES, Zhu B, Field CB, Trumbore SE. 2013. A dual isotope approach to isolate soil carbon pools of different turnover times. Biogeosciences 10:8067-8081.
- Kao-Kniffin J, Zhu B. 2013. A microbial link between elevated CO2 and methane emissions that is plant species-specific. Microbial Ecology 66:621-629.
- Yang YH, Ji CJ, Robinson D, Zhu B, Fang HJ, Shen HH, Fang JY. 2013. Vegetation and soil 15N natural abundance in alpine grasslands on the Tibetan Plateau: patterns and implications. Ecosystems 16:1013-1024.
- Zhu B, Cheng WX. 2013. Impacts of drying-wetting cycles on rhizosphere respiration and soil organic matter decomposition. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 63:89-96.
- Pang XY, Bao WK, Zhu B, Cheng WX. 2013. Responses of soil respiration and its temperature sensitivity to thinning in a pine plantation. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 171-172:57-64.
- Pausch J, Zhu B, Kuzyakov Y, Cheng WX. 2013. Plant inter-species effects on rhizosphere priming of soil organic matter decomposition. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 57:91-99.
- Shen ZH, Fei SL, Feng JM, Liu YN, Liu ZL, Tang ZY, Wang XP, Wu SP, Zheng CY, Zhu B, Fang JY. 2012. Geographical patterns of community-based tree species richness in Chinese mountain forests: the effects of contemporary climate and regional history. Ecography 35:1134-1146.
- Piao SL, Tan K, Nan HJ, Ciais P, Fang JY, Wang T, Vuichard N, Zhu B. 2012. Impacts of climate and CO2 changes on the vegetation growth and carbon balance of Qinghai-Tibetan grasslands over the past five decades. Global and Planetary Change 98-99:73-80.
- Piao SL, Ito A, Li SG, Huang Y, Ciais P, Wang XH, Peng SS, Nan SJ, Zhao C, Ahlström A, Andres RJ, Chevallier F, Fang JY, Hartmann J, Huntingford C, Jeong S, Levis S, Levy PE, Li JS, Lomas MR, Mao JF, Mayorga E, Mohammat A, Muraoka H, Peng CH, Peylin P, Poulter B, Shen ZH, Shi X, Sitch S, Tao S, Tian HQ, Wu XP, Xu M, Yu GR, Viovy N, Zaehle S, Zeng N, Zhu B. 2012. The carbon budget of terrestrial ecosystems in East Asia over the last two decades. Biogeosciences 9:3571-3586.
- Zhu B, Cheng WX. 2012. Nodulated soybean enhances rhizosphere priming effects on soil organic matter decomposition more than non-nodulated soybean. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 51:56-65.
- Yao FY, Zhu B, Du EZ. 2012. Use of 15N natural abundance in nitrogen cycling of terrestrial ecosystems. Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology 36:346-352.
- Zhu B, Cheng WX. 2011. Rhizosphere priming effect increases the temperature sensitivity of soil organic matter decomposition. Global Change Biology 17:2172-2183.
- Zhu B, Cheng WX. 2011. Constant and diurnally-varying temperature regimes lead to different temperature sensitivities of soil organic carbon decomposition. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 43:866-869.
- Zhu B, Cheng WX. 2011. 13C isotope fractionation during rhizosphere respiration of C3 and C4 plants. Plant and Soil 342:277-287.
- Piao SL, Wang XH, Ciais P, Zhu B, Wang T, Liu J. 2011. Changes in satellite-derived vegetation growth trend in temperate and boreal Eurasia from 1982 to 2006. Global Change Biology 17:3228-3239.
- Wang Y, Fang JY, Kato T, Guo ZD, Zhu B, Mo WH, Tang YH. 2011.Inventory-based estimation of aboveground net primary production in Japan’s forests from 1980 to 2005. Biogeosciences 8:2099-2106.
- Zhu B, Wang XP, Fang JY, Piao SL, Shen HH, Zhao SQ, Peng CH. 2010. Altitudinal changes in carbon storage of temperate forests on Mt Changbai, Northeast China. Journal of Plant Research 123:439-452.
- Piao SL, Friedlingstein P, Ciais P, Peylin P, Zhu B, Reichstein M. 2009. Footprint of temperature changes in the temperate and boreal forest carbon balance. Geophysical Research Letters 36, L07404, doi:10.1029/2009GL037381.
- Peng CH, Zhou XL, Zhao SQ, Wang XP, Zhu B, Piao SL, Fang JY. 2009. Quantifying the response of forest carbon balance to future climate change in Northeastern China: Model validation and prediction. Global and Planetary Change 66:179-194.
- Zhang XP, Wang XP, Zhu B, Zong ZJ, Peng CH, Fang JY. 2008. Litter fall production in relation to environmental factors in Northeast China’s forests. Journal of Plant Ecology (Chinese Version) 32:1031-1040.
- Wang XP, Fang JY, Zhu B. 2008. Forest biomass and root-shoot allocation in northeast China. Forest Ecology and Management 255:4007-4020.
- Yang YH, Fang JY, Tang YH, Ji CJ, Zheng CY, He JS, Zhu B. 2008. Storage, patterns, and controls of soil organic carbon in the Tibetan grasslands. Global Change Biology 14:1592-1599.
- Fang JY, Liu GH, Zhu B, Wang XK, Liu SH. 2007. Carbon budgets of three temperate forest ecosystems in Dongling Mt., Beijing, China. Science in China Series D: Earth Sciences 50:92-101.
- Wang XP, Fang JY, Tang ZY, Zhu B. 2006. Climatic control of primary forest structure and DBH-height allometry in Northeast China. Forest Ecology and Management 234:264-274.
- Piao SL, Fang JY, Zhou LM, Ciais P, Zhu B. 2006. Variations in satellite-derived phenology in China's temperate vegetation. Global Change Biology 12:672-685.
- Piao SL, Fang JY, Zhu B, Tan K. 2005. Forest biomass carbon stocks in China over the past 2 decades: estimation based on integrated inventory and satellite data. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 110, G01006, doi:10.1029/2005JG000014.
- Piao SL, Fang JY, Zhou LM, Zhu B, Tan K, Tao S. 2005. Changes in vegetation net primary productivity from 1982 to 1999 in China. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 19, GB2027, doi:10.1029/2004GB002274.
- Piao SL, Fang JY, Liu HY, Zhu B. 2005. NDVI-indicated decline in desertification in China in the past two decades. Geophysical Research Letters 32, L06402, doi:10.1029/2004GL021764.
- Yang YH, Rao S, Hu HF, Chen AP, Ji CJ, Zhu B, Zuo WY, Li XR, Shen HH, Wang ZH, Tang YH, Fang JY. 2004. Plant species richness of alpine grasslands in relation to environmental factors and biomass on the Tibetan Plateau. Biodiversity Science 12:200-205.
- Wu XP, Zhu B, Zhao SQ, Piao SL, Fang JY. 2004. Comparison of community structure and species diversity of mixed forests of deciduous broad-leaved tree and Korean pine in Northeast China. Biodiversity Science 12:174-181.
- Zhao SQ, Fang JY, Zong ZJ, Zhu B, Shen HH. 2004. Composition, structure and species diversity of plant communities along an altitudinal gradient on the northern slope of Mt. Changbai, Northeast China. Biodiversity Science 12:164-173.
- Zhu B, Chen AP, Liu ZL, Fang JY. 2004. Plant community composition and tree species diversity on eastern and western Nanling Mountains, China. Biodiversity Science 12:53-62.
- Zhu B, Chen AP, Liu ZL, Li GZ, Fang JY. 2004. Changes in floristic composition, community structure, and tree species diversity of plant communities along altitudinal gradients on Mt. Mao’er, Guangxi, China. Biodiversity Science 12:44-52.
- Fang JY, Li YD, Zhu B, Liu GH, Zhou GY. 2004. Community structures and species richness in the montane rain forest of Jianfengling, Hainan Island, China. Biodiversity Science 12:29-43.