Boris Faybishenko's Publications
Authored and co-authored 60 scientific papers, 11 books and book chapters, 80 abstracts of scientific presentations, more than 50 reports, and 8 patents.
- Faybishenko, B., Fuzzy-Probabilistic Calculations of Water-Balance Uncertainty. Accepted for publication at "Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Analysis," 2010.
- Faybishenko, B., T.C. Hazen, P.E. Long, E.L. Brodie, M.E. Conrad, S.S. Hubbard, D.Joyner, S.Borglin, R.Chakraborty, K.H. Williams, J.E.Peterson, J.Chen, T.K. Tokunaga, J.Wan, M.Firestone, D.R. Newcomer, C.T. Resch, K.J. Cantrell, A.Willett, and S.Koenigsberg. In Situ Long-Term Reductive Bioimmobilization of Cr(VI) in Groundwater Using Hydrogen Release Compound, Environmental Science & Technology, 42 (22), pp 8478–8485, 2008.
- Hubbard, S.S., K. Williams, M. Conrad, B. Faybishenko, J. Peterson, J. Chen, P. Long and T. Hazen, Geophysical monitoring of hydrological and biogeochemical transformations associated with Cr(VI) Biostimulation, Environmental Science & Technology, 42(10) pp 3757 - 3765; DOI 10.1021/es071702s, 2008.
- Faybishenko, B., Climatic Forecasting of Net Infiltration at Yucca Mountain Using Analogue Meteorological Data, Vadose Zone Journal 6:77–92, 2007.
- Faybishenko, B., Chaotic Processes in Flow through Fractured Rock: Field and Laboratory Experiments Revisited, In: Subsurface Contamination Remediation: Accomplishments of the Environmental Management Science Program, Volume 904, ACS Symposium Series, pp. 183-228, 2005.
- Faybishenko, B., P.A.Witherspoon, and J.Gale (Editors), Dynamics of Fluids and Transport in Fractured Rock, Geophysical Monograph Series, Vol. 162, 2005. [ISBN 0-87590-427-0]
- Faybishenko, B., Nonlinear dynamics in flow through unsaturated fractured-porous media: status and perspectives. Reviews of Geophysics. RG2003, doi:10.1029/2003RG000125, 2004.
- Unger, A., B.Faybishenko, G.S. Bodvarsson, and A. Simmons, Simulating infiltration tests in fractured basalt at the Box Canyon Site, Idaho, Vadose Zone Journal, 3, 75-89, 2004.
- Faybishenko, B., G.S. Bodvarsson, P. A. Witherspoon and J. Hinds, Scaling and hierarchy of models for flow processes in unsaturated fractured rock,” Chapter 20 in the book “Scaling Methods in Soil Physics” (edited by Y.A. Pachepsky, D.E. Radcliffe and H. M. Selim). CRC Press LLC, pp. 373-417, 2003.
- Faybishenko, B., Introduction to modeling of hydrogeologic systems using fuzzy differential equations, In: Fuzzy Partial Differential Equations and Relational Equations, M. Nikravesh, L.A. Zadeh, and V. Korotkikh (Eds.), Vol. 142, pp. 267-284, Springer Verlag, [ISBN 3-540-20322-2], the Series Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2003.
- Faybishenko, B., Chaotic dynamics in flow through unsaturated fractured media. Advances in Water Resources, 25/7, 793-816, 2002.
- Faybishenko, B., P. A. Witherspoon, C. Doughty, J. Geller, T. Wood, and R. Podgorney, Multi-Scale Investigations of Liquid Flow in a Fractured Basalt Vadose Zone, AGU Monograph “Flow and Transport Through Unsaturated Fractured Rock,” Second Edition D.D. Evans, T.J. Nicholson, and T. Rassmusen (eds.), 161-182, 2001.
- Faybishenko, B., C. Doughty, M. Steiger, J. Long, T. Wood, J. Jacobsen, J. Lore, and P.Zawislanski, Conceptual model of the geometry and physics of water flow in a fractured basalt vadose zone, Water Resources Research, 37(12), 3499-3522, 2000.
- Faybishenko, B. Vadose Zone Characterization and Monitoring: Current Technologies, Applications, and Future Developments, Chapter 3 of Book "Vadose Zone Science and Technology Solutions," (eds. B. Looney and R.Falta), Battelle Press, OH., 133-396, 2000.
- Faybishenko, B., P.A. Witherspoon and S.M. Benson (eds.), Dynamics of Fluids in Fractured Rock, Geophysical Monograph No. 122, 2000.
- Faybishenko, B., and Finsterle, S., Tensiometry in fractured rocks, in Zhang, D., and Winter, C.L., eds., Theory, Modeling, and Field Investigation in Hydrogeology: A Special Volume in Honor of Shlomo P. Neuman’s 60th Birthday: Boulder, Colorado, Geological Society of America Special Paper 348, p. 161–174, 2000.
- Faybishenko, B. Tensiometer for Shallow or Deep Measurements of Water Pressure in Vadose Zone and Groundwater, Journal of Soil Sciences, Vol.165, No. 6, 473-482, 2000.
- Pruess, K., B. Faybishenko, and G. S. Bodvarsson, Alternative concepts and approaches for modeling flow and transport in thick unsaturated zones of fractured rocks, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology - Special Issue, 38, 281-322, 1999.
- Finsterle, S., and B. Faybishenko, Design and analysis of an experiment to determine hydraulic parameters of variably saturated porous media, Advances in Water Resources, 22(1), 431-444, 1999.
- Faybishenko, B.A., Hydraulic Behavior of Quasi-Saturated Soils in the Presence of Entrapped Air: Laboratory Investigations, Water Resources Research, 31(10), 2421-2435, 1995.
- Faybishenko, B.A., I. Javandel and P.A. Witherspoon, Hydrodynamics of the Capture Zone for Contaminant Transport with Partially Penetrating Well in a Confined Aquifer, Water Resources Research, 31(4), 859-866, 1995.
- Dzekunov, N.E., I.E. Zhernov, and B.A.Faybishenko, Thermodynamic Methods of Investigating the Water Regime in the Vadose Zone, Moscow, Nedra, 177 p., 1987.
- Faybishenko, B.A., Water-Salt Regime of Soils Under Irrigation, Moscow, Agropromizdat, 304 p.,1986.
↑ Back to top