You are using IE6.
Older browsers present a security risk to yourself and us, and restrict site functionality.
We recommend that you upgrade your browser. The following is a list of popular options:
John N. Christensen's Publications
- Bourg, IC, Richter, FM, Christensen, JN, Sposito, G (2010) Isotopic Mass-Dependence of Metal Cation Diffusion Coefficients in Liquid Water, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, in press.
- Faybishenko, B, Hazen, TC, Long, PE, Brodie, EL, Conrad, ME, Hubbard, SS, Christensen, JN, Joyner, D, Borglin, SE, Chakraborty, R, Williams, KH, Peterson, JE, Chen, J, Brown, ST, Tokunaga, TK, Wan, J, Firestone, M, Newcomer, DR, Resch, CT, Cantrell, KJ, Willett, A, and Koenigsberg, A (2008) In Situ Long-Term Reductive Bioimmobilization of Cr(VI) in Groundwater Using Hydrogen Release Compound. Environmental Science & Technology, v.42, pp 8478–8485.
- Christensen, JN, Conrad, ME, DePaolo, DJ, Dresel, PE (2007) Isotopic Studies of Contaminant Transport at the Hanford Site, WA. Vadose Zone Journal, Nov 20 2007, pp. 1018–1030.
- Maher, K, DePaolo, DJ, and Christensen, JN (2006) U-Sr Isotopic Speedometer: Fluid Flow and Chemical Weathering Rates in Aquifers. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v.70, pp. 4417-4435.
- DePaolo, DJ, Maher, K, Christensen, JN, and McManus, J (2006) Sediment Transport Time Measured with U-series Isotopes: Results from ODP North Atlantic Drift Site 984. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 248(1-2), pp. 394-410.
- Nash, BP, Perkins, ME, Christensen, JN, Lee, D-C, and Halliday, AN (2006) The Yellowstone Hotspot in Space and Time: Nd and Hf Isotopes in Silicic Magmas. Earth Planet. Science Lttrs., v.247(1-2), pp.143-156.
- Freda, C, Gaeta, M, Karner, DB, Marra, F, Renne, P, Taddeucci, J Scarlato, P, Christensen, JN, Dallai, L (2006) Eruptive history and petrologic evolution of the Albano multiple maar (Alban Hills, Central Italy). Bulletin of Volcanology, v. 68, pp.567–591.
- Richter, FM, Mendybaev, RA, Christensen, JN, Hutcheon, ID, Williams, RW, Sturchio, NC and Beloso, Jr., AD (2006) Kinetic isotopic fractionation during diffusion of ionic species in water. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v.70(2), pp.277-289.
- Gaeta, M, Freda, C, Christensen, JN, Dallai, L, Marra, F, Karner, DB, and Scarlato, P (2006) Time-dependent geochemistry of clinopyroxene from the Alban Hills (Central Italy): Clues to the source and evolution of ultrapotassic magmas. Lithos, v.86(3-4), pp.330-346.
- Christensen, JN, Dresel, PE, Conrad, ME, Maher, K, and DePaolo, DJ (2004) Identifying the Sources of Subsurface Contamination at the Hanford Site in Washington using High-Precision Uranium Isotopic Measurements. Environmental Science & Technology, v.38(12), pp. 3330-3337.
- Kesler,SE, Chesley, JT, Christensen, JN, Hagni, RD, Heijlen, W, Kyle, JR, Misra, KC, Muchez, P and van der Voo, R (2004) Discussion of “Tectonic Controls of Mississippi Valley-type Lead-Zinc Mineralization in Orogenic Forelands” by D.C. Bradley and D.L. Leach. Mineralium Deposita, v.39, pp. 512-514.
- Aciego, S, Kennedy, BM, DePaolo, DJ, Christensen, JN, and Hutcheon, I (2003) U–Th/He age of phenocrystic garnet from the 79 AD eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v.216(1-2), pp. 209-219.
- Arehart, GB, Chakurian, AM, Tretbar, DR, Christensen, JN, McInnes, BA and Donelick, RA (2003) Evaluation of radioisotope dating of Carlin-type deposits in the Great Basin, western North America, and implications for deposit genesis. Economic Geology, v.98, pp. 235-248.
- Nelson, JL, Paradis, S, Christensen, JN and Gabites, J (2002) Canadian Cordilleran Mississippi Valley-type deposits: a case for Devonian-Mississippian backarc hydrothermal origin. Economic Geology, v.97(5), pp.1013-1036.
- Piotrowski, AM, Lee, DC; Christensen, JN, Burton, KW, Halliday, AN, Hein, JR, Günther, D (2000) Changes in erosion and ocean circulation recorded in the Hf isotopic compositions of North Atlantic and Indian Ocean ferromanganese crusts. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v.181(3), p.315-325.
- Tretbar, DR, Arehart, GB and Christensen, JN (2000) Dating gold deposition in a Carlin-type gold deposit using Rb/Sr methods on the mineral galkhaite. Geology, v.28(10), p.947-950.
- Stirling, CH, Lee, D-C, Christensen, JN and Halliday, AN (2000) High-precision in situ 238U-234U-230Th isotopic analysis using laser ablation multiple-collector ICPMS. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 64 (21), p. 3737-3750.
- Halliday, AN, Christensen, JN, Lee, D-C., Rehkämper, M, Hall CM, Luo, X (2000) Multiple-Collector Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry. in “Inorganic Mass Spectrometry”, eds.: CB Barshick, DC Duckworth and DH Smith.
- Lee, D-C, Halliday, AN, Hein, JR, Burton, KW, Christensen, JN, and Günther, D (1999) Hafnium isotopic stratigraphy of ferromangenese crusts. Science, v. 285, p. 1052-1054.
- Burton, KW, D-C. Lee, Christensen, JN, Halliday, AN, and Hein, JR (1999) Actual timing of neodymium isotopic variations recorded by Fe-Mn crusts in the Western North Atlantic. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 171, p. 149-156.
- Halliday, AN, Lee, D-C, Christensen, JN, Rehkämper, M, Yi, W, Luo, X, Hall, CM, Ballentine, CJ, Pettke, T and Stirling, C (1998) Applications of mulltiple collector ICPMS to cosmochemistry, geochemistry and paleoceanography. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 62 (6), p.919-940.
- Halliday, AN, Christensen, JN, Lee, D- C, Hall, CM, Ballentine, CJ, Rehkämper, M, Yi, W, Luo, X and Barfod, D (1998) ICP multiple collector mass spectrometry and in situ high precision isotopic analysis. In Applications of microanalytical techniques to understanding mineralizing processes eds: MA McKibben, WCP Shanks and WI Ridley, Reviews in Economic Geology 7, Society of Economic Geologists.
- Christensen, JN, Halliday, AN, Godfrey, LV, Hein, JR and Rea, DK (1997) Climate dynamics and the lead isotopic records in Pacific ferromanganese crusts. Science, v. 277, p. 913-918.
- Christensen, JN, Halliday, AN, and Kesler, SE (1996) Rb-Sr dating of sphalerite and the ages of MVT's. Economic Geology, Special Volume #4 Carbonate-hosted Pb-Zn Deposits, p. 527-535.
- Christensen, JN and Halliday, AN (1996) Rb-Sr ages and Nd isotopic compositions of melt inclusions from the Bishop Tuff and the generation of silicic magma. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 144, p. 547-561.
- Christensen, JN, Halliday, AN, Lee, D-C and Hall, CM (1995) In situ Sr isotopic analysis by laser ablation. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 136, p. 79-85.
- Christensen, JN, Halliday, AN, Leigh, KE., Randell, RN and Kesler, SE (1995) Direct dating of sulfides by Rb-Sr - a critical test using the Polaris Mississippi Valley-type Zn-Pb deposit. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 59, p. 5191-5197.
- Yi, W, Halliday, AN, Lee, D-C, Christensen, JN (1995) Indium and tin in basalts, sulfides, and the mantle. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 59, p. 5081-5090.
- Christensen, JN, Halliday, AN, Vearncombe, JR and Kesler, SE (1995) Testing models of large-scale crustal fluid flow using direct dating of sulfides: Rb-Sr evidence for early dewatering and formation of MVT deposits, Canning Basin, Australia. Economic Geology, v. 90, p. 877-884.
- Halliday, AN, Lee, D-C., Christensen, JN, Walder, AJ, Freedman, PA, Jones, CE, Hall, CM, Yi, W, and Teagle, D (1995) Recent developments in inductively coupled plasma magnetic sector multiple collector mass spectrometry. International Journal of Mass Spectrometry and Ion Processes, v.146/147, p.21-33.
- Christensen, JN, Selverstone, J, Rosenfeld, JL and DePaolo, DJ (1994) Correlation by Rb-Sr geochronology of garnet growth histories from different structural levels within the Tauern Window, Eastern Alps. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 118, pp. 1-12.
- Christensen, JN and DePaolo, DJ (1993) Timescales of large volume silicic magma systems: constraints from Sr isotopic systematics of phenocrysts and glass from the Bishop Tuff, Long Valley, California. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v.113, pp. 100-114.
- Christensen, JN, Rosenfeld, JL and DePaolo, DJ (1989) Rates of tectonometamorphic processes from rubidium and strontium isotopes in garnet. Science, v.224, pp. 1465-1469.
- Barton, MD, Battles, DA, Bebout, GE, Capo, RC, Christensen, JN, Davis, SR, Hanson, RB, Michelsen, CJ, and Trim, HE (1988) Mesozoic contact metamorphism in the western United States. in Ernst, W.G., ed., Metamorphism and Crustal Evolution of the Western United States, Rubey Volume VII, pp.110-178.
↑ Back to top