Quinn N.W.T. 2010. Contrasts in the use of information technology for real-time salinity management in the San Joaquin Basin, California, USA and Hunter River Basin, New South Wales, Australia. Agricultural Water Management. Accepted June, 2010.
Quinn N.W.T., G. Lee and D. Cozad. 2010. Information technology and decision support tools for stakeholder-driven river basin salinity management. IEEE Proceedings, 43rd Annual HICSS Conference, Kawaii, Hawaii, Feb 5-9, 2010.
Quinn N.W.T., R. Ortega and L. Holm. 2010. Environmental sensor networks and continuous data quality assurance to manage salinity within a highly regulated river basin. Decision Support Systems in Agriculture, Food and the Environment: Trends, Applications and Advances. (In press).
Rahilly P.J.A., D. Li, Q. Guo, J. Zhu1, R. Ortega, N.W.T. Quinn, and T.C. Harmon. 2010. Mapping swamp timothy (Cripsis schenoides) seed productivity using spectral values and vegetation indices in managed wetlands. International Journal of Remote Sensing
Quinn N.W.T., R. Ortega, P.J.A, Rahilly and C.W. Royer. 2009. Use of environmental sensors and sensor networks to develop water and salinity budgets for seasonal wetland real-time water quality management. Environmental Modelling and Software. Doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2009.10.011
Quinn N.W.T, 2009. Information technology and innovative drainage management practices for selenium load reduction from irrigated agriculture to provide stakeholder assurances and meet contaminant mass loading policy objectives. Agricultural Water Management, 96 (3), p.484-492, Mar 2009.
Quinn N.W.T, 2009. Environmental decision support system development for seasonal wetland salt management in a river basin subjected to water quality regulation. Agricultural Water Management, 96 (2), p.247-254, Feb 2009.
- Stringfellow W.T., J.S. Hanlon, S. E. Borglin, and N.W.T. Quinn. 2007. Sources of Biochemical Oxygen Demand in Western Tributaries of the San Joaquin River, California. Submitted to Journal of Agricultural Water Management, Sept 2007
- Rizzoli A.E., G. Leavesley, J. Ascough, I.N. Athanasiadis, R. Argent, V. Brilhante, F.H.A. Claeys, O. David, M. Donatelli, P. Gijsbers, D. Havlik, A. Kassahun, P. Krause, N.W.T. Quinn, H. Scholten, R.S Sodja, F. Villa. 2007. Integrated Modelling Frameworks for Environmental Assessment and Decision Support. In Press : Environmental Modelling and Software. Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Loucks, D.P. H. Assaf, E. van Beek and P. Gijsbers, A. Jolma , S. Kaden and M. Kaltofen, J.W. Labadie , N.W.T. Quinn, J. Sieber, A. Sulis, W.J. Werick, D.M. Wood and C. Borde. 2007. Generic Simulation Models for Facilitating Stakeholder Involvement in Water Resources Planning and Management: A Comparison, Evaluation, and Identification of Future Needs. In Press : Environmental Modelling and Software. Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Myšiak J., J. D. Brown, J.M. Jansen and N.W.T. Quinn. 2007. Environmental Policy Aid Under Uncertainty. In Press : Environmental Modelling and Software. Elsevier Science Ltd.
- McIntosh B.S, C. Giupponi, A. Voinov, C. Smith, K.B. Matthews, M. Monticino, M.J. Kolkman, N. Crossman, M. van Ittersum, D. Haase, A. Haase, J. Mysiak, J.C.J. Groot, S. Sieber, P. Verweij, N.W.T. Quinn, P. Waeger, N. Gaber, D. Hepting, H. Scholten, A. Sulis, H. van Delden, E. Gaddis, H. Assaf. 2007. Bridging the gaps between design and use: developing tools to support environmental management and policy. In Press : Environmental Modelling and Software. Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Su, G.W., N.W.T. Quinn, P.J. Cook, and W. Shipp. 2006. Miniaturization of the flowing fluid electrical conductivity logging technique, Ground Water, Vol. 44, No.5 pp. 754-757, Sept-Oct, 2006. LBNL-59032.
- Quinn N.W.T. and K.C. Jacobs 2006. An Emergency Environmental Response System to Protect Migrating Salmon in the Lower San Joaquin River.. Environmental Modelling and Software. Vol. 22, pp 416-422. Elsevier Science Ltd. Online. doi:10.1016/j.physletb.2003.10.071. April 17, 2006. LBNL-60622.
- Quinn N.W.T., K.C. Jacobs, C.W. Chen and W.T Stringfellow. 2005. Elements of a Decision Support System for Real-Time Management of Dissolved Oxygen in the San Joaquin River Deep Water Ship Channel. Environmental Modelling and Software. Elsevier Science Ltd. June 2005. LBNL Report-55929.
- Brekke, L.D., N.L. Miller, N.W.T. Quinn, J.A. Dracup, and D. Hilts. 2004. Climate Change Impacts on San Joaquin River Basin water allocation. Paper No. 02103RR. Journal of American Water Resources Association, Vol 40, No. 1, pp. 149-164.
- Quinn N.W.T., L.D. Brekke, N.L. Miller, T. Heinzer, H. Hidalgo and J.A. Dracup. 2004. Model Integration For Assessing Future Hydroclimate Impacts On Water Resources, Agricultural Production And Environmental Quality in the San Joaquin Basin, California. Environmental Modelling and Software. Elsevier Science Ltd. Vol. 19. pp 305-316. (LBNL-51708)
- Quinn N.W.T. and W.M. Hanna. 2003. A Decision Support System for Adaptive Real-Time Management of Seasonal Wetlands in California. 2003. Environmental Modelling and Software. Vol. 18, Issue 6, pp 503-511. Elsevier Science Ltd. (LBNL-50238)
- Green, F.B., Lundquist, T.J., Quinn, M.W.T., Zarate, M.A., Zubieta, I.X. and W.J. Oswald. 2003. Selenium and nitrate removal from agricultural drainage using the AIWPS® technology. Water Science & Technology, 48 (2): 299-305, 2003.
- Quinn N.W.T. and W. Mark Hanna. 2002. Real-Time Adaptive Management of Seasonal Wetlands to Improve Water Quality in the San Joaquin River. Advances in Environmental Research. Vol. 5, pp 309-317. Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Quinn N.W.T, N.L. Miller, J.A. Dracup, L. Brekke and L.F. Grober. 2001. An Integrated Modeling System for Environmental Impact Analysis of Climate Variability and Extreme Weather Events in the San Joaquin Basin, California. Advances in Environmental Research. Elsevier Science Ltd. Vol 5 (2001) 309-317.
- Quinn, N.W.T., T.J. Lundquist, F.B. Green, W.J. Oswald, T Leighton and M.A. Zarate. 2000. An algal-bacterial treatment system to reduce selenium loads in agricultural drainage. California Agriculture. November-December, Vol 54 No. 6.
- Quinn N.W.T. and J. Karkoski. 1998. Potential for real time management of water quality in the San Joaquin Basin, California. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, Vol. 36, No. 6, December.
- Quinn N.W.T. and P. Vorster. 1998. The comparative role of science in in resolving environmental problems at Kesterson Reservoir and Mono Lake, California. Lakes and Reservoirs : Research and Management, Vol. 3, 187-191.
- Quinn, N.W.T., J. McGahan and M. Delamore. 1998. Innovative drainage management techniques to meet monthly and annual selenium load targets. California Agriculture, Vol. 52, No. 5, September-October. 1998.
- Quinn N.W.T. and J. Clyde. 1998. A bed sediment sampler for precise depth profiling of contaminant concentrations in aquatic environments. Journal of Environmental Quality, Vol.27: pp. 64-67
- Quinn, N.W.T., L.F. Grober, J. Kipps, C.W. Chen and E. Cummings. 1997. Computer model improves real-time management of water quality. California Agriculture, Vol. 51, No. 5, September-October. 1997
- Quinn N.W.T, Richard B. Smith, Charles M. Burt, Tracy Slavin, and Stuart Styles. 1989. Evaluation of unlined ditch and reservoir seepage losses in Westlands Water District. California Agriculture, Nov-Dec.
- Quinn N.W.T and J.M. Laflen. 1983. Characteristics of raindrop throughfall under corn canopy. Transactions of the ASAE. Vol 26, no 5, pp 1445-1450.
- Quinn N.W.T. and J.M. Laflen. 1981. Properties of transformed rainfall under corn canopy. American Society of Agricultural Engineering , ASAE. paper no 81-2059.
- Quinn N.W.T, R.P.C. Morgan and A.J. Smith. 1980. Simulation of soil erosion induced by human trampling. Journal of Environmental Management, Vol 10, no. 1, pp 155-165.
- Elwell H.A. and N.W.T. Quinn. 1975. A rapid method for estimating the dry mass of soil from erosion research plots. Rhodesian Journal of Agricultural Research, Vol 13, pp 149-154.