Earth Sciences Division Staff: Rohit Salve
I am a staff scientist in the Earth Science Division of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and lead scientist (Earth Sciences) for the Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory (DUSEL) Project. Since completing graduate studies at the University of California, Berkeley, I have worked at LBNL on problems of flow and transport in both soil and rock. This has included investigating the hydrology of terrestrial ecosystems (Elder Creek Watershed, Mendocino County), and fractured rock systems at Box Canyon (Idaho), Yucca Mountain (Nevada), and DUSEL (South Dakota).
Studying subsurface components of the earth's water cycle as they are impacted by soil, rock, plants and climate change.
- 1989-95 Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, CA.
- 1987-89 Masters, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- 1986-87 B.A. World College West, Petaluma, CA.
- 1976-81 B.Sc. Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Allahabad, India.
- Present: Staff Scientist: Earth Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Present: Science Coordinator: Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory
- 1997-2000: Principal Research Associate: Earth Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- 1995-97: Postdoctoral Fellow: Earth Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- 1989: Consultant: Ford Foundation, New Delhi, India
- 1985-86: Research Fellow: Doon Valley Eco-Systems Project, Dehra Dun, India
- Electrical Resistance Probes (ERPs) for measuring wetting front Migration in rocks
- Tunnel Evaporation Measurement System (TEMS)
- Passive-Discrete Water Sampler
Collaborators (Current Research)
- David Ackerley , (Department of Integrative Biology, UCB)
- Todd Dawson (Department Integrative Biology, UCB)
- William Dietrich (Department of Earth and Planetary Science, UCB)
- Mary Firestone (Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, UCB)
- Marc Fischer (Environmental Energy Technology Division, LBNL)
- Stefan Finsterle (ESD, LBNL)
- Inez Fung (Department of Earth and Planetary Science, UCB)
- Don Herman (Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, UCB)
- Kevin Lesko (Dusel Project, UCB)
- William Roggenthen ((South Dakota School of Mines and Technology)
- Margaret Torn (ESD, LBNL)
- Sam. St. Clair (Department of Plant and Wildlife Sciences, Brigham Young University)
- Larry Stetler (South Dakota School of Mines and Technology)
- Erika Sudderth (Brown University)