Senior Advisory Scientist
Radiological Performance Assessment Group
Environmental Stewardship Directorate
Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL)
Roger Seitz is currently providing technical and strategic support to the Department of Energy, Office of Environmental Management (DOE-EM) and multiple DOE sites on topics related to modeling, design and performance and risk assessment to consider the long-term safety of waste disposal, tank closure and other site restoration activities. He is also a frequent consultant to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), including currently serving as Chair for an International Project related to assessments for disposal facilities and supporting development of waste management aspects of the IAEA Fukushima Report.
Roger’s career began in 1985 and has included activities at seven DOE sites and in more than 10 different countries, including five years as a staff member at the IAEA. These activities involved a variety of research, applied and policy aspects related to modeling and supporting efforts for the design and assessment of disposal facilities for low-level, high-level and mixed radioactive waste, remediation of contaminated sites, and decommissioning of reactors and other large facilities. During his career, he has also served as a consultant and peer reviewer on assessment-related topics for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, served as a peer reviewer for a U.S. National Research Council report on mixed waste forms, and served on the U.S. National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements Scientific Committee that produced guidance for disposal facility performance assessments.
Learn more about ASCEM principals
- Paul Dixon (LANL), Multi-Lab Program Manager
- Roger Seitz (SRNL), User Interface Lead
- Timothy Scheibe (PNNL), Platform and Integrated Toolsets Lead
- Stefan Finsterle (LBNL), Platform and Integrated Toolsets Deputy
- David Moulton (LANL), Process Models and HPC Framework Lead
- Carl Steefel (LBNL), Process Models and HPC Framework Deputy
- Mark Freshley (PNNL), Site Application Lead
- Susan Hubbard (LBNL), Site Application Deputy