- How are deeper unsaturated zone fluxes and speciation of C and N related to their overlying soil inventories and net infiltration fluxes?
- How are fluxes and transformations affected by sharp hydrobiogeochemical transitions?
- Do general patterns for C and N depth-time evolution exist?
- How rapidly will deeper subsurface C inventories change in response to changes in hydrologic conditions?
- Preparation of field instrumentation
- Initial characterization
- Field monitoring and sampling activities
- Field hydrobiogeochem characterization
- Predict and measure transport properties
- Column transport experiments
- POC and bacterial transport experiments
- Tetsu Tokunaga (lead)
- Jiamin Wan
- Wenming Dong
- Yongman Kim
- Ken Williams
- Phil Long
- Boris Faybishenko
- Mark Conrad
- John Christensen
- Center for Isotope Geochemistry
- STXM, FTIR
- SBIR (Farrington, Transcend Eng)