- How do we develop a site-independent approach for synoptic interpretation of hydrobiogeochemical datasets?
- Can a limited number of parameters be defined that enable tractable characterization of watershed environmental biogeofacies zonation, metabolic potential and biogeochemical cycling at the watershed scale (i.e., how much is enough)?
- Can geochemical and remote characterization methods be used to identify critical zonation or diagnostic signatures of system behavior at the watershed scale?
- Identification of biogeofacies zonation using geophysical and biogeochemical indicators
- Model parameter estimation
- Floodplain hydrological dynamics
- Floodplain biogeochemical dynamics
- Isotopic signatures of hydrobiogeochemical processes
- Field perturbation experiments
- Second site selection
- Ken Williams (lead)
- Susan Hubbard
- Jinsong Chen
- John Christensen
- Mike Kowalsky
- Mike Commer
- Mark Conrad
- Phil Long
- Yuxin Wu
- ‘Friends of Rifle’
- Rifle Site infrastructure & Equipment
- LBNL Center for Isotope Geophysics
- LBNL Geophysical Measurement Facility
- EMSL (User proposal, NOM characterization)