Home > News and Events
Sustainable Systems SFA News & Events
More informatoin soon.
Distinguished speakers who might bring new but relevant perspectives to Sustainable Systems SFA (as well as possibilities for collaboration) are invited quarterly to give a presentation and meet with SSSFA members.
- Stochastic inversion of spectral induced polarization data for Cole-Cole parameters (SISIP): The free C++ source codes serve two purposes:
- Provide a tool for inverting laboratory or field spectral IP data for Cole-Cole parameters by specifying prior ranges rather than initial values. The inversion results provide extensive global information on unknown parameters, such as posterior marginal probability distributions, from which we can obtain better estimates and more accurate uncertainty bounds of unknowns.
- Provide an example for people who want to learn Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) based Bayesian methods for inverse problems. The detailed mathematical derivations and algorithms were published in Geophysics (Chen et al., 2008), and the C++ implementation on Linux or Unix can be downloaded for academic and non-profit research under the BSD license (check it). The structure of the codes can be applied to stochastic inversion of other types of data.
- Download C++ source codes for academic and non-profit research.
- Contact theTechnology Transfer and Intellectual Property Management (TTIPM) of Berkeley Lab at TTD@lbl.gov regarding access for other purposes.
SFA 2012 All Hands Retreat
SFA Retreat General Information & Goals
All SFA members attended the retreat as well as many of our collaborators and members of the SFA Scientific Advisory Board.
GOALS FOR THE RETREAT
Photos from the Retreat