- TOUGH2.01-MP released. Version 2.01 of parallel TOUGH2 fixes some bugs of the previously released version. It includes a bug fix in the Aztec library along with other minor updates. If you hold a valid TOUGH2-MP license, you may request a free upgrade.
- Antonio Rinaldi makes two Matlab scripts (TOUGH2Matlab and FLAC2TOUGH) available for free download.
- TOUGHREACT V3.0-OMP, a new version of the reactive transport simulator TOUGHREACT that includes OpenMP parallelization of chemical reactions, is now available for licensing by the Berkeley Lab Software Center.
- J. Florian Wellmann earns Best Paper Award from the Editorial Board of the journal Computers & Geosciences for his paper Integrating structural geological data into the inverse modelling framework of iTOUGH2.
- Special Issue on Computational Aspects of Recent TOUGH Developments (Computers & Geosciences, 65, April 2014)
- Special Issue on Simulation of Geologic Carbon Sequestration with the TOUGH codes (Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, Volume 3, Issue 6, December 2013).
- "Getting TOUGH at Berkeley": Chris Doughty explains CO2 trapping in Physics Today article.
- Searchable TOUGH publication database. Please add your own TOUGH-related publications.
- TOUGH in the Cloud? Share your opinion.
- The TOUGH User Forum is here! Separate forums are set up around each of the simulators. Ask questions, provide answers, share tips, and make suggestions. You find the link to the TOUGH User Forum under the User Support tab.
- TOUGH2-EOS7C-ECBM for enhanced coal bed methane including the Dusty Gas Model released for licensing by the Berkeley Lab Software Center.
- Save the date! TOUGH Symposium 2015, September 28-30, 2015.
- Short Courses on various TOUGH modules are taught each year in September by members of the TOUGH development team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, California. Five short course were held September 15 - 19, 2014. See our TOUGH Training Courses page for more information. For information on future training courses, please add your name to the TOUGH Email List.
- Karsten Pruess receives Lifetime Achievement Award for Development of TOUGH Codes.
- Maryam Akhavan (University of Delaware, USA) and Philipp Schaedle (University of Stuttgart, Germany) receive Karsten Pruess Student Paper Award at the TOUGH Symposium 2012.
- Carol Valladao receives SPOT Award for organizing the TOUGH Symposium 2012.
- TOUGH Symposium 2012, September 17-19, 2012, at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
- Short Courses, September 2012, at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, U.S.A.:
- TOUGH2 Short Course, September 12-14, 2012
- TOUGH+Hydrate Short Course: September 12-14, 2012
- TOUGHREACT Short Course: September 20/21, 2012
- iTOUGH2 Short Course: September 20/21, 2012
- Short Courses, September 2011, at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, U.S.A.:
- TOUGH2 Short Course: September 12-14, 2011
- iTOUGH2 Short Course: September 15/16, 2011